Who We Are
Our business litigation group perfectly complements our corporate and transactional practice, making us uniquely qualified to handle all your business needs in a true boutique environment.
Our collaborative culture is one of our strengths. Our litigators work closely with all our transactional lawyers, who have experience advising all types of businesses on financing, corporate, transactional, regulatory, and workout matters.
The reality is that size doesn’t need to matter in litigation. We know this. Our litigation group was founded by lawyers who practiced at large, full-service multinational firms, and includes lawyers who have served as law clerks in federal and state court, and as enforcement counsel for state regulators.
Our litigators regularly appear in state and federal court, as well as in administrative and arbitration proceedings, and have argued numerous cases on appeal at the Arizona Court of Appeals, the Arizona Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Our success is derived from performing high-quality legal work at a reasonable price while providing superior service. We know how to manage corporate risk and further our client’s business objectives.
Our principal goal is to solve our client’s problems efficiently, aggressively, and creatively. When we first meet our clients, we seek to understand their objectives and to develop a strategy to achieve them. To that end, we give our clients a prompt, sincere, and realistic evaluation of their legal position.
Our attorney-client relationship extends beyond winning and operating efficiently. We get to know each of our clients – their culture, their vision and core values, their products and services. We never lose sight of what’s in our client’s best interests, and strive to demonstrate that in every matter they entrust with us.
This combination of skill and understanding is critical to what we do. The reality is that most business disputes settle at some point. But not all settlements are created equal. Good settlements are negotiated from a position of strength. That strength comes in part from a demonstrated willingness and ability to advocate a client’s position successfully through trial, if necessary, and to perform at the highest levels of the profession. While we always explore the most cost-effective, efficient and creative solution for our clients, our adversaries know we are prepared to advocate in the courtroom. We have the tools and experience to take any matter to trial – and win.
What We Do
Our litigation practice encompasses the varied range of matters faced by our clients, who include multinational, national, and locally-owned corporations, as well as individuals and sole proprietorships.
The practice areas include:
- Pre-litigation counseling and risk assessments
- Small business, partnership, and LLC disputes
- Business divorces
- Contract disputes
- Fiduciary duty claims and counseling
- Business torts, including fraud, misrepresentations, conspiracy, tortious interference, and misappropriation of confidential and trade secret information
- Internal investigations, including financial accounting and reporting, and workplace investigations
- Investor fraud claims, including Ponzi schemes and receivership proceedings
- Real estate disputes
- Securities litigation, including broker/dealer disputes, corporate control, shareholder rights, and derivative litigation
- State and federal regulatory matters, including the Arizona Securities Division, the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions, FINRA, SEC, and the FTC
- Consumer fraud
- Trademark and copyright infringement
- Banking/Financial services litigation
- Employment matters, including EEOC, Arizona Industrial Commission, and Justice Department inquires
- Franchise litigation