At Weiss Brow, our commercial real estate development attorney represents a wide variety of owners, developers, and lenders with complex legal needs related to the acquisition, sales, permitting, and development and leasing of commercial real estate in Phoenix. Whether you are pursuing growth, redevelopment, or diversification, we can provide timely and creative solutions. To arrange a consultation, reach us online or call our office at (480) 327-6650 today.
Why Choose Our Phoenix Commercial Real Estate Development Attorney?
- Our team has extensive experience and understanding of the intricacies of commercial real estate transactions.
- Never loses sight of clients’ best interests and is skilled in developing creative strategies and solutions to minimize potential legal risks and achieve successful outcomes.
- Aggressive and effective legal representation at a reasonable price.
Real Estate Development Legal Services
A commercial real estate development lawyer serves clients by handling matters related to development projects, such as the following:
Site Selection and Acquisition
Assisting with site selection, zoning issues, and negotiating and drafting purchase or lease agreements.
Performing due diligence on a potential development site, including researching the property’s history, reviewing zoning and land use restrictions, and assessing potential environmental concerns.
Securing financing, including negotiations and structuring commercial loans resulting in more favorable security agreement terms.
Zoning and Land Use Laws
Compliance with local zoning and land use regulations that govern the use of the property. This may involve obtaining permits and approvals from local government agencies.
Negotiate construction contracts and ensure compliance with building codes and other regulations.
Negotiate and draft lease agreements for tenants, ensuring terms are fair and legally sound.
Assistance in navigating environmental regulations and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
If disputes arise during development, a lawyer can provide legal representation and help resolve the issues through negotiation, mediation, or litigation if necessary.
Laws and Regulations Governing Commercial Real Estate Development
A commercial real estate attorney can be an essential partner in helping projects comply with laws and regulations governing commercial real estate development. Failure to comply with these laws can result in fines, legal disputes, and delays in project completion. For example, here are some of the key laws and regulations governing commercial real estate development:
- Zoning laws: Regulate the types of commercial development that can be built in a particular area and are typically set by local governments.
- Environmental laws: Laws such as the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and Endangered Species Act regulate the impact of commercial development on the environment and may require developers to obtain permits or conduct environmental impact assessments before beginning a project.
- Building codes: These codes regulate the construction of commercial buildings and ensure that they meet safety and structural standards. Local governments typically set building codes and often require developers to obtain permits and inspections throughout the construction process.
- Financing laws: Developers may need to comply with federal and state laws related to securities offerings if they seek investment from outside investors.
- Tax laws: Developers often need to work with tax professionals to ensure that they are complying with a variety of tax laws at the federal, state, and local levels, including property taxes, income taxes, and sales taxes.
- Land use laws: These laws regulate how the land can be used and may impose restrictions on the type of commercial development that can be built in a particular area. Land use laws are typically set by local governments and may require developers to obtain special permits or variances to build certain types of commercial projects.
By working with a commercial real estate attorney, developers can ensure that their project is in compliance to mitigate legal and regulatory risks.
Skilled Guidance For Every Stage Of Commercial Real Estate Development
For a consultation about a commercial real estate development project in Phoenix, call Weiss Brown at (480) 327-6650 or reach us online today.